The Adams County States Attorney's Victim / Witness Program
provides assistance to victims and witnesses of all crimes.
People are available to assist victims of domestic battery,
sexual assault, homicide, reckless homicide, child sexual
abuse, and victims of all crimes with questions. The
Victim/Witness Program provides information about victim's
rights, the criminal justice system, and case status.
Forms available to victims include:
Victim Impact Statement
The Illinois VINE (Victim Information and Notification Everyday), the National Victim Notification Network. This service allows crime victims to obtain timely and reliable information about criminal cases and the custody status of offenders 24 hours a day.
The Victim / Witness Program provides these services:
· Assistance in Court appearances
· Information about your case
· Property return assistance
· Assistance during Court proceedings
· Referral to community agencies
· Referrals to Victims of Violent Crimes Compensation
· Bond Restrictions
· Referrals for Orders of Protection/Civil No Contact Orders in Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault cases
· Placement of witness on call for Court
· Assistance with employer problems
· Safe Witness waiting room
· Illinois AVN Notification information
· Information and assistance with filing applications for Illinois Crime Victim's Compensation