Mobile Home Taxes

Registration of Mobile Homes

When purchasing a new or used Mobile Home, the owner of each inhabited mobile home located in the State of Illinois must file a mobile home registration form within thirty (30) days with the County Clerk’s Office.

Park Owners

Mobile home park operators shall forward a copy of the mobile home registration form to the County Clerk’s Office within five (5) days of the entry of a mobile home into such park.

Mobile Homes Not Located in Park

The owner of a mobile home not located in a mobile home park shall, within 30 days after initial placement of such mobile home in Adams County and within 30 days after movement of such mobile home to a new location, file with the County Clerk’s Office a mobile home registration.

You may either click here to download the Mobile Home Registration Form or you may obtain one directly from the Adams County Clerk’s Office.

Changes in Registration of Mobile Homes

If the information provided at the time of registration should change or if the information is discovered to be incorrect, you must notify the Adams County Clerk’s Office.  You should also contact the Adams County Clerk’s Office if you receive a Mobile Home tax bill in error or if any information on your Mobile Home Tax bill is incorrect. A Mobile Home Registration Change form is available from the Adams County Clerk’s Office.

To change the billing address, use the Mobile Home Change of Owner's Address form.  This form will not change ownership.

Mobile Home Assessed Values

Mobile Home assessments are determined for tax purposes in January of each year.  The owner or record as of January 1st is responsible for that year’s Mobile Home taxes.  The County Clerk computes the Mobile Home Tax Bill, and the Treasurer’s Office mails the bills and collects the current tax year payments.


  • Senior and Disabled Persons

  • As a Senior Citizen or a disabled person, you may apply for and receive an exemption which reduces the Mobile Home tax by twenty percent (20%).

    To be eligible the applicant must actually reside in the mobile home, and hold title to the mobile home as provided in the Illinois Vehicle Code, and one of the following must be true:

    • reached the age of 65 on or before either January 1st of the year in which you apply for exemption, OR

    • were totally disabled and remained until the date on which you apply for exemption.

    To apply for this exemption, you will need to complete an Application for Reduction of Mobile Home Local Services Tax form, or contact the County Clerks Office.

  • Qualified Veterans

  • Beginning January 1, 2004, a mobile home owned and used exclusively by a qualified disabled veteran or the spouse or unmarried surviving spouse of the veteran as a home is exempt from the tax imposed.  To qualify for the exemption, the disabled veteran must have been awarded the Specially Adapted Housing Grant by the Federal Veterans Administration.  This grant is made available to veterans who meet certain qualifications due to a permanent and total service related disability.

    For more information on qualifications and applications, please contact the Illinois Department of Veterans Affairs local office.

NOTE: If you determine an error with your Mobile Home Tax Bill, the owner of the mobile home may complete an Affidavit to Correct Mobile Home Tax Bill to contest the bill.  Once completed, the form should be returned to the Adams County Clerk’s Office.