The County Clerk has birth certificates dating back to 1878. Follow this link for Genealogy Searches.
Who may obtain a copy of a birth certificate?
You, if you are 18 years of age or over.
A parent, if the parent’s name appears on the Birth Certificate as mother or father.
A Legal Guardian possessing a Court Order stating guardianship.
A Legal Representative representing the person on the Birth Certificate or the parent(s).
What is required before you can obtain a copy of a birth certificate?
1. A Government issued picture ID (Driver's License, State ID Card). If your request is by mail, send a copy of your ID or fax it to our office at (217) 277-2155
2. A fee of $16.00 for the first copy, and $9.00 for each additional copy of the same record issued at the same time.
How can you obtain a copy of a birth certificate?
Either way you choose, you will need to provide us with the following information:
The parent(s) full name
The child’s full name
The date and city of birth
1. In Person - Stop by our office at 507 Vermont St, Quincy, IL. Our hours are Monday-Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm. You need to have your ID and payment. We accept cash, check, or credit card.
2. By Mail - Send your request form, check made payable to Adams County Clerk, a copy of your photo ID, and a self-addressed stamped envelope to 507 Vermont St, Quincy, IL.
Before sending your request, be certain that the birth occurred in Adams County, IL. Please print clearly and legibly.
3. Online - Click on the E-Pay logo below. Please follow directions CLOSELY.
A. Complete the step-by-step process using the "Epay/Jetpay" site.
B. Fax or email the following on a sheet of paper to (217) 277-2155 or VitalRecords@co.adams.il.us
1. Photo ID
2. Your signature
3. If possible, the "Confirmation" number from your confirmation page you receive from Epay/Jetpay.
4. Mailing address if different from the ID and/or Billing Address
If you have questions, or if you wish to ensure your documents have reached our office, you may call us at 217-277-2164.